Without question, this wine is the most highly acclaimed vintage we have shipped since I have been editor of the Virginia Wine Journal. The most well known awards include:
- Gold, San Francisco International Wine Competition 2013
- Jefferson Cup ‘Best in Class’, Jefferson Cup Invitational 2012
- Double Gold, Finger Lakes International Wine Competition 2012
- Gold ‘Governor’s Case’, Virginia Governor’s Cup Competition 2012
- Silver, San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition 2012
- Bronze, Dallas Morning News 2012
The Blanc de Blanc is a sparkling wine made via Méthode Champenoise with 100% Chardonnay, picked at night by hand and gently pressed to ensure that this wine retains all of its best qualities. After a combination of stainless steel and French oak barrel aging, the wine gains complexity by aging on the lees in the bottle for 22 months.
The light straw appearance in the glass is regularly interrupted by columns of evenly spaced bubbles yearning to be free. The appropriately yeasty nose has an undercurrent of pear and green apple.
The sharper than average attack leads to a long and creamy finely-beaded mouth fee on the midpalate. The palate reveals beautiful grapefruit and lemon along with subtle hints of pastries. The finish is clean and memorable
DRINK NOW – SUMMER 2014